#College #Pray #Walk #praystation #station #Jesus Week
Time: Now until April 24 at 12:00am
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Jesus Week is upon us! This year’s focus is on Outreach/inviting Columbia to Encounter Jesus. And our theme verse is:
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
As one body with many parts on Columbia campus, let’s pull together to make Jesus Week an amazing time of acting in faith and in worship towards God!
Here are a few ways you can help:
- PRAYER, anywhere and anytime! “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
(2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Inviting your friends to Jesus Week Events (copy and paste this official FB event page link onto your friend’s walls!! =D):
-Setting up for Praise on the Steps: Monday night Set up 7pm-8pm. We need ALL the help we can get! Aaayynd, if there aren’t enough helping hands,we won’t be able to have a full setup T_T. There’s incentive fer ya! To volunteer, please contact Annabel (CSFC), firstname.lastname@example.org - Manning the PrayStation and serving on Prayer Team: Tuesday and Wednesday, 1pm-4pm; Saturday 8pm-10pm// (sign up to do any of these!): Sign up page. Pray with and encourage those who are really overwhelmed with pressure from the world and pray with those who want to accept Christ. Contact Michael at email@example.com or Serena at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Inviting friends to IV’s IGNITE (in St. Paul’s), or spending Thursday night praying with fellowships (Earl Hall 2nd floor): Thursday, 8-10pm// Intercessory Prayer Meeting topics: Uphold IGNITE, the remainder of Jesus Week events, and our campus in general.
- Set up, Decor, Shopping: Saturday, 8-11 pm (Set up at 6:30/7pm) // Coffeehouse:
To help with decorations, shopping, set up, and/or prayer, please contact Sharon, email@example.com. (FYI, ‘Jubilation!’ will be performing at the Coffeehouse!! Direct all excitement and thanks to Kat for setting this up!!)
- Leading a group to attend church: Good Friday and Easter Sunday // Easter weekend services:
If you’d like to lead a group in attending your church’s Good Friday or Easter service, please contact Sharon, firstname.lastname@example.org, who is compiling a list.
- Flyering: PLEASE HELP WITH THIS!! PLASTER THE POSTER ALL OVER CAMPUS!!! And please mark the flyers with “please do not take down until 4/23”! If you’re out of flyers, GET MORE!! ^_^. Email email@example.com to get more!!!
-and finally, Sharing this “underground” tumblr page with all your believer friends on campus to help gather our hands and feet link: bethehandsandfeet.tumblr.com
If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of us:
Sharon (CSFC), firstname.lastname@example.org
Serena (IV/CSFC), email@example.com
Michael (IV), firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick (CCK), email@example.com
Harris (KCCC), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy (RCF), email@example.com
Bommy (RCF), firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick (CCK), email@example.com
Christine (UBF), firstname.lastname@example.org
April 18th, 2011
“Although I haven’t been personally involved in Jesus week planning, I’m really excited and thank you all for doing a great job. I talked to Jeremy who’s been in on the planning team about this idea, and he encouraged me to send this e-mail:
“If anybody wants to join me, I will be trying my best to make it out to the steps to spend some time with God at 9am each morning and pray for the campus/Jesusweek. This is kind of like what happened for some time last year, with people from different fellowships gathering simply to seek God individually, together, in the mornings. This week it’s in honor of Jesus week, upcoming Easter, and general need during stressful academic times…
“I’m looking forward to a great week of pouring out to the campus and feeding some dire spiritual need as we ourselves have been fed by the Spirit. But before we feed others we must seek to be fed ourselves. Meet me on the steps if you wish to do it together! Rain location: Ramp lounges.”@2 years ago with 5 notes